One way to become involved at Topeka Rescue Mission is to join our team of dedicated, highly committed staff. We have a wide range of positions in a wide variety of skill sets and training and education to support the varied aspects of our Ministries. From facilities management to front desk, from advocacy to teachers and child care workers – – all focused on the combined goal of bringing help and hope to others through faith with its sleeves rolled up!
Position Title: Driver/Warehouse Assistant
Location: Distribution Center (DC)
Reports to: DC Operations Manager
Date: May 21, 2018
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This ministry position focuses on assisting with community relations by providing transportation assistance for donation pick-ups and delivery to specified destinations. Position also assists in the Distribution Center as needed. This position
has a lot of donor contact and must have good people skills and demonstrate a positive attitude when working with Donors, Staff, and Volunteers, both in the community and at the work sites. Along with all other ministry positions, as a representative of TRM Ministries, there is an expectation of sharing the love of Jesus Christ with all those encountered including staff, guests, donors, volunteers and anyone in community.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for transportation needs of TRM, including pick-up of donations, pick-ups and deliveries as requested by supervisor
• Responsible to turn in all paperwork from pickups or deliveries to DC Transportation Assistant
• Responsible to report requests, concerns, schedule changes and needs of donor to supervisor.
• Responsible to report vehicle maintenance needs to supervisor or other assigned staff
• When not needed for transportation will assist at DC as requested by Supervisor
• Display Good Personal Hygiene
• A current Kansas Driver License
• Ability to be approved by TRM Insurance